This is a very simple sandwich variation which I usually make on the tawa/girdle but can be made in the toast makers as well.
- Dhaniya/Coriander leaves (optional)
- Red chilli powder (optional)
- Finely dice the tomato and onions.
- Mix them together in a bowl and add salt and chilli powder.
- Butter up one side of the slice and put the buttered side down on the tawa.
- Spread the mixture with a spoon and put one slice of bread over it and press it with your palms or a flat ladle as you feel comfortable.
- When its almost done on one side, apply butter on the upper slice and flip it.
- Once done, cut it into 2 halves. I cut it into 4 squares for Betu as it makes it easier for him to eat that way. Eat it with Ketchup or plain as you like it.
- Add grated cheese into the mixture as mentioned above.
- You can use mashed boiled potatoes roasted with cumin(zeera) and onions as a filling.
- You can make mixed veggie sandwich by finely chopping the veggies and saute them in butter